RECIPE | Potato Salad
(It has been a while since my last post; I’ve been busy lately with work… my blog just turned 1 month old! Yay!)
400 g marble potatoes (or just regular ones)
1 medium sized carrot
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
1 can tuna
1. Boil the marble potatoes as well as the carrot (peeled) in a pot, add a dash of salt.
2. While boiling those, cut into small cubes the cucumber, cheese, and apples. (If you’re using green apple, boil it for a few minutes in pineapple juice (from the pack of pineapple tidbits) after slicing to lessen the sourness of the green apple. It is preferred to use a red apple/Fuji apple).
3. Check if the carrot is ready sticking in a fork. If it’s already quite tender up to the center of the carrot, it’s ready to be taken out. Let it cool for a bit and then cut into small cubes as well.
4. After 15-20 minutes, the potatoes should be ready. Stab in a fork to check if its soft; turn off the heat and drain the water.
5. Pour some of the hot water in the cup of raisins to swell the raisins a little bit. Soak them in hot water for a few minutes and then drain.
6. Cut the marble potatoes into quarters.
7. Add in the cubed carrots, cucumber, apple, pineapple tidbits (with the juice drained), cheese, & raisins. Next, add in the tuna (remove the water or oil) and a dollop of mayonnaise.
8. Give the ingredients a good mix to coat them evenly with the mayo.
And your done!
This recipe serves 4.